Grant preparation and Reconsiderations
I am still working on the Refresh grant. As I am working though this project, there are many thoughts that go through my mind. I must admit that a very bad habit of is biting off more than I can chew.
I pulled the original plan that was created in the Curriculum Development course to see what I was feeling that could be off. The more I looked at what I am proposing for Refresh Everything and what I created in the class, its time to look at reality in the face.
As a result, this is what I have decided for right now:
– As nice as it would be for high school students to be able to get involved in such a project there are many things that I must consider. The first year of operation should not include high school students. Since the first year will be spent developing the program, it is important that there is a structure already in place, even if it is a flexible structure before students on the high school are involved.
-I am going to rework the original project to cater to 24 episodes. While working on the grant, it asked for deliverables. I believe I can get away with 48 but I have to be honest about a few things. I may not mind making that many episodes, even if that means shooting two at a time. However, this is the first year of the program. I see it is only fair to not create hectic schedule, especially since we haven’t got to the staffing of volunteer stage. 24 episodes is a happy medium. In this way, there will be no pressure to create 48 episodes and burn ourselves out in the process.
Well, my thoughts are running low for the night so we will continue this conversation later.